Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Communication is key

In recent days Brian's company has laid off 6 people in his department. This is almost half of the total number of employees in the department. Because of this lay off the company has to work everyone more and they are much busier at work. Before the lay off Brian and I talked 3 times a day each conversation lasting 5-10 minutes, except the initial conversation which was about 15 because we talked on his way to work. Our conversations have now been cut down to one conversation on his way to work for about 15 minutes.

During our 15 minute conversation we must cover all wedding details which need to be discussed and any other issues going on in our lives. Now more than ever communication is key to a strong relationship. In the past two days Brian and I have learned it is very important to discuss our expectations of each other and how we deal with certain situations. We have learned that being far away from each other and not being able to physically see each other except every other week makes communicating in other ways more important. Those short 15 minutes a day are the times when we need to support each other and kindly/quickly work through issues.

Communication is key in wedding planning too. If I have not talked to my reception location in a few weeks I call just to make sure everything is working out the way it should and all things are on track. I communicate with the photographer frequently to ensure all photography is on schedule. I communicate with the officiant to set up meetings and hotel rooms and such.

I hate it when people on Facebook try to add you as a friend just because they knew you or even were friends with you in high school. There are many people who I was friends with in high school and on facebook who I just didn't talk to ever so I deleted them. Now they are trying to add me as a friend again...just trying to be nosy in my life. If I do not communicate with someone I dont have a relationship with them therefore I do not have any desire to be their friend on facebook.

52 days until I marry my best friend!

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
-- Corinthians 13:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment