Thursday, March 18, 2010

37 days and counting


It is hard to believe that so much time has passed since Brian proposed and we started this adventure of wedding planning. It is really nice to have everything completed for the wedding for the most part. This past weekend was a fairly busy one for Brian and me.
(The picture to the side is from right after he proposed!)
On Firday night we went to our pastors house to meet with him and go over wedding details. The man who is marrying us is a friend of mine from work's brother. We just sat around the table with him and his wife (they are pretty close to our ages) and discussed wedding details. When Brian and I left their house we both felt like this couple would be a good couple to remain in our lives from here on out. We intend to make plans with them over time even after the wedding.


On Saturday I woke up at 7:45 am to find Brian was still awake...working night shift makes him stay awake all night even during his weeks off of work. This was disturbing because we had engagement photos scheduled for that afternoon. He decided he would go to bed and try to get a few hours of sleep while I bathed Coco and got ready myself. Brian woke at 11:30 (we needed to leave by 12) and took a quick shower. I cooked some eggs for breakfast then we headed out the door. I wore a black turtleneck (we were going to the mountains where it was going to be a little chilly but not bitter cold) and my red heels. I wanted Brian to wear a "Carolina Blue" shirt and jeans. This way we were in our wedding colors, and we were both wearing colors which we both really liked.


We arrived on time and set out to take pictures. now my heels are pretty high and comfortable relative to the amount of walking I do in any given period of time. Unfortunatly the wind began to pick up as the day went on, and we began to walk more and more. By the end of what seemed like a VERY long photo shoot, which in actuality was only 2 hours, Brian and I were both freezing cold, and I had huge blisters on my feet from all the walking. The second to last location we took pictures Brian and I were supposed to be looking at each other and smiling. As we were standing there waiting for the picture to be taken Brian tells me through his smile that he is done taking pictures it is just too cold. (He was right, we were standing in a tunnel and the wind was funneling through there making it even colder.) I agreed, the last location was actually at the same place just up the hill, through the very wet ground, and down the sidewalk. Let me say heels and wet ground, plus cold, plus the dog do not mix. My heels kept sinking, the blisters were really hurting and Coco kept trying to trip the photograper. We agreed to walk to the last location, which we agreed was very pretty, and then we were done. After about 15 more minutes of shooting we climbed back in the photographers car and off we went.


The last hing we had to do before we could head home was pick up some menus for rehearsel dinner locations. We went to probably 8 places but quickly settled on 3. Finnally, two very exhausted people and one tired dog were headed home.


We got the last papers completed for the new house and Brian and his dad are painting the exterior next week. Once the exterior is painted we can bring out the appraiser and then we can close on it. I went to his dad's house last night and took my wedding dress by, as Brian starts to help me move my things into the new house I have a feeling he will start to get nosey and want to see the dress. His step-mom and I went by the new house and it looks so GREAT!! I also dropped off my first 4 boxes! Things are really coming together and everything is going to be done really soon!


I will be in Texas for a very quick trip this weekend. My best friend Maria is throwing me a shower and my mom and some of her friends are throwing me a shower. It is going to be a short, exhausting trip, but it should be a lot of fun. Only 37 more days until we are husband and wife...and the next journey begins.

1 comment: