Sunday, February 28, 2010

55 days!

What a crazy weekend it has been. Brian and I were talking the other night about how many hard times have hit us in the 9 months that we have been dating. It is apparent to both of us that we have what it takes to stick through things even when they get tough. We have been through some things that even people who have been married 50 years may never face.

I have been told several times that if we could make it through the wedding planning or renovating/building a house that we could make it through anything. My response is always, "Well we are renovating a house and getting married all at the same time so we must have a strong relationship."

I look back on the past nine months of our lives and think of all the fun times Brian and I have had. We have a boat so we spent the summer boating. He took me to Myrtle Beach...if anyone ever offers for you to go there just know it is not a good beach...it's almost as bad as Galveston. That trip was 4 days and we both ended up so sunburned the 2nd day that we spent the last two days just hanging out in the condo. Making day trips to the mountains which is what spurred us getting married in the mountains. There are so many more good times but I wont speak them all.

I also look back and realize there were some rough times, times where we both looked at each other and wondered, how will we make this work? But in the end love always prevailed and we always found a common ground. Brian's job has had a rough nine months which rubs off into your daily life as much as we try not to allow it too. It's hard to not think about the possibility of being laid off in the near future when making decisions on how to spend your money on your time off.

This weekend Brian and I finally got our wedding bands ordered. We also registered at Home Depot because Sears gift registry never really worked for us. Unfortunatly, Home Depot does not carry coffee makers (which is a big reminder of why I like Lowes better) so I was not able to register for my coffeemaker there.

We have had a very interesting journey recently but have always kept each other number one in our lives and made sure that our lives together were more important than anything else. The next 55 days are going to fly by, but I am so ready to start the next chapter of our lives together...and hey Brian will be moving to day shift for May and June which means normal sleep schedule, which in turn means more time on the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment