Wednesday, March 10, 2010

With this ring...

With this ring I thee wed...in 45 days Brian and I will be saying these words to each other and promising undying love and devotion to one another.

When we began the search for our wedding bands we started with a trip to the mall. We quickly learned that we could order the same rings online as in the store for much cheaper. This week we have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our wedding bands. Yesterday, I got home and there was a FedEx thing on the door saying they came by. It also said I could pick up my packages after 7pm at the FedEx shipping location in Winston.

We needed to go by the new house and help get rid of some busted up concrete from where we got a new front porch and discuss the painting of the exterior. When we left the house, I realized I had left the FedEx shipping information at my apartment. I called customer service and asked what location we could go to. The lady informed I had to have my door tag to pick up the package, and that the location closes at 8pm...did I mention it is 7:15pm when I make this call? So Brian and I go back to my apartment, pick up the hang tag, switch to my car with the GPS, and head out on an adventure. (It's 7:30pm). We arrive at FedEx at 7:55. When we walk in the door and hand the guy our hang tag he says that our package has not made it back to their location yet.

Now remember they close at 8pm and our hang tag said come by after 7pm. The man allowed us to stand around and wait for our package. At about 8:30 he bring our packages to us and makes us sign for them. Finally, we have our wedding bands in hand. Now, we are off to my apartment to try them on to make sure they fit...if they dont we need to send them back immediatly for new ones that fit.

When we got to the apartment we opened the packages and pulled out our rings. I tried mine on, it fit! I put it back in the box to store in a safe place until the wedding. Brian tried his on and said it fit, he also told me how much he liked it and that he was glad that we got that ring style for him.

We went about our evening, sat down on the couch to watch Life After People together. As we are sitting there watching TV I look over and see he is still wearing his ring! (It had been about 30-45 minutes since we had arrived at the apartment and tried them on) I said, baby are you going to take it off so we can put it away for the wedding. He said I really like it, I am going to wear it. He wore it around for another hour and a half. I am so glad he likes his ring and likes to wear it!

On a different note. The carpet people are coming to the house today to put in the carpet. Once that is complete I can start moving my stuff over to the house slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment